Monday, January 18, 2010

Calling All Inventors

Or something like that.

I am in need of some serious inspiration for creating unique skits that spoof on the silliness of "religion" in our Christian religion. Make sense? Some may not know what I mean by "religion" but, we all carry around different things, habits, routines, rituals, doing things out of a sense of duty,those kinds of things which are "religion".

So, I have been asked to write some skits. I have written three to date - ever...like, as in my entire life. The first two were for employers, at a banquet we had in their honor. These two were about how they, as employers, are having such a hard time finding people who are willing to work for them and honor them with their time and effort instead of wanting to get as much as they can for as little as they have to give. They were kinda funny, I guess; everyone laughed. {Does that count for anything?}

The third, and last thus far, that I did was for New Year's Eve celebration. {I SO need to get pictures up from that night!} We had an Iron Chef competition and then my skit, The Biggest Loser - Church Edition. It was ok. BigB, one of my actors and my dear husband, said it would have turned out way better if the actors hadn't flopped but I think they did great for only having a combined total of 1 1/2 hours to practice it (Plus a day of learning lines all on their own). Yes, this was another last minute skit. Last minute? Write, prepare, edit and learn in less than two weeks. (We are a fly by the seat of our pants kind of church.) But as of Sunday night, my pastor told me he heard great things about the script so...I dunno. All I do is my best and let the chips fall where they may.

Be prepared in and out of season, right?

Which is why I am trying to work on some ideas right now. So I can be ready for a next time with a little bit of something that I can work on or re-bound off of. {Yes, I just ended that sentence with a preposition and yes, I am so totally cringing.}

I am totally needing someone to get me a pill or a drink (sort of like an energy drink only just for imaginations) or discover a new inspiration enhancing vitamin. Something, people! Anything! C'mon! Y'all are smart! I read your blogs! One of you could so totally figure this out, patent it, package it and market it, and... because I am SO kind {wink}, I will only ask for 30% of the profits just for giving you the idea in the first place. Aren't I a gem?

Anyway, I must stop lollygagging and having so much fun playing 'round with you guys. I must focus.

2 comments:

  1. I am reading this pretty late. What about an American Idol on with the different types of christians. You could use the parable of the three seeds. Each contestant could be one of them. Something along those lines. I hope taht might help. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete