Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thank you

To the dads in my life...my husband, my dad, my step-dad, my brother, my grandfathers (who have passed on)...
To the father-figures in my life.. my pastor, to one of the elders in our church (who also happens to be my husband's best friend).

I am so grateful to all of you for being in my life.  You have contributed to my life so much more than you will ever know.  You are my heroes.

Dad, you raised three children by yourself and you did a fantastic job! I am so thankful for every discipline, for every correction, for every tear that fell in the safety of your room, for every heart break and every frustration you endured on our behalf or because of us.

I have never felt more loved or protected than when I was in your arms or you were stroking my hair to comfort me.

BigDaddy, you have accepted Rush as your own from the moment you met her. Thank you.  Thank you for raising our children to the best of your ability, for always being willing to learn from your mistake or to be taught by others.  Thank you for leading us, for providing for us, watching out for us...

R.G. (my step-dad), thank you for accepting my brother, sister and I into your family.  Thank you for watching out for my daughter and caring for her (even though we don't see eye to eye on her being there in the first place).

Little Bro, thank you for being such a great dad to my two nephews, for being such a great single parent up until the last year.  You rock!  Thank you for being such a good example and role model to my children.

Grandpas, I love you... I miss you to the moon and back.  You are thought of often and never forgotten.  The lessons you taught me are being passed on to the next generation.  Your legacies continue.

Pastor Kevin, thank you for being a spiritual father, for guiding me, correcting me, teaching me and training me, for not allowing me to wallow in self-pity, for your strength and for the passion, intensity and commitment you put into growing and learning and pastoring us.

Wayne, thanks. You mean more to us than I ever would have imagined.  You are loved, appreciated and are family.  "Whaddya think about that?" {wink}

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DADS (brothers, uncles, grandpas)!!!!!  We love you!  You are appreciated.  The role you play in your children's lives can not be duplicated or replicated! Enjoy your day...

2 comments:

  1. nice post!
    Btw, theres an award waiting just for u on my blog. Come grab it coz u deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post! Have agreat day today! I am a new follower! Come and visit me at Mama's Little Chick.

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete