Monday, January 10, 2011

With a New Year

comes a new desire, a new hope and a new belief that that this year will be different! Health-wise that is.  My wonderful husband has decided to join me in making our lifestyle changes.  It is nice to not be in competition with an alternate vision in my house.  It's nice to not have the complaints like "What? Spinach salad and salmon - A-GAINNNNN!!!"

In the 10 days of this new and fantastic year I have managed to lose all the holiday weight I had gained.  And it was a lot (in my opinion!). I mean, it's hard to not gain wait when you are not at home and are eating out in restaurants and fast food joints for 2 weeks.

Now, for my next hurdle or magic trick... I have been trying to get past my "normal" weight for 3 years.  It seems nothing I have done has gotten me below that number.  My body likes that number right now.  My doctor tells me it is because I have only recently gotten to a place where I have been eating "normal"; you see, I have struggled with a severe eating disorder on and off since I was 13 years old. He believs that my metabolism has been whacked out for such a long time that I need to be patient with myself.  I have been patient for 3 years.  No more Mrs Nice Guy!!!!

This is the year I leave it behind (and not in my behind!!! {wink})

No comments:

Post a Comment