Monday, January 9, 2012

Dear Toby Mac,

My son, he's 8 and he thinks the world of you. He looks up to you as a role model; he dresses like you. He poses in pictures like you, sings like you. He has formed part of his identity around a man he thinks is a pretty cool dude and who he is pretty sure loves God just as much as he does and I admit, you portray an image that is cool and endearing and Godly and, I know you are only human so I don't expect super human acts of perfection but...

Please be the real deal. Please be being genuine and authentic. I am certain you are. Almost 100% certain. It's just...I'm his mom and I have seen the adoration in his eyes as he studies your moves on youtube, shows me that this is how you posed in a picture, diligently works at getting an outfit put together "just like Toby's" or proves yet again that the lyrics to your songs are etched deep into his precious mind.

Please don't do things that will simply and blatantly disregard the admiration you have earned from young guys, like my Bug. Again, I know you will make mistakes; it's not that...

It's just... please be the real deal...

Thank you for being a fun guy, with oodles of talent, that my son, who has music in his bones, can look up to just...well, I've said it all ready...

"Peace out, gangstah" {grin}

No comments:

Post a Comment