Monday, May 16, 2011

A community destroyed

by wild fires. This town has been leveled by raging fires - destroying countless homes, businesses, dreams...
I have spent most of today on facebook with a friend of mine who lives in Alberta, the province this is happening, organizing a clothing drive to send donations with her mom to help as much as we can, at this time.

I have lost my home in a fire...I know how that feels.  I have never lost my enitre town to one... I can not imagine how much greater the loss and devestation must seem to them right now.

I ask that you will join with me in sending positive thoughts for Slave Lake residents and the despair and clean up they face.n Help is coming from all across Canada.  If you are wanting to help, please contact your local Red Cross, Salvation Army... there are numerous donation drop-off spots across Alberta, just click here to find one near you (if you are from Alberta).

I hope that their hope is renewed and strengthened by the generosity of Canada, by a nation rallying around them...

1 comment:

  1. Praying for Slave Lake. I know loss intimately and it can really shake you to your core. I pray that the Lord will use this to draw these residents close to Himself. There is no better place to be.

    With Hope,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete