Friday, June 18, 2010

5 Question Friday

Wow, it's been a while since I have participated in MamaM's 5 Question Friday. I've been a little busy *ahem* unpacking and stuff.

But I shant dwell on the past any longer.  I will lift up my head and, without shame, guilt or other such condemnation, throw myself back into the swing of things. {grin - remember I am the drama writer at the skit,  I think over-acting may be my middle name}

Anywho, without further delay present to you my answers for 5QF.

1. What is your favorite thing about summertime?

Oooo, tough question.  Could we make the word "thing" plural?  Please? I have to answer plural.  There is no one "thing".  Water and camping and water fights and basking, boating and fishing and hiking and sunning.  These are a few of my favorite things...

Sorry, got carried away singing... {grin}

2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)?

Retire?  I don't know I will ever be able to retire. If I do, I want to travel...I want to go to so many places....

3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in?

I live VERY close to the same town I grew up in.  In fact, this is the closest town to the farming community I did live in.  I left here for a time (a few years) but it is home and I was drawn back.  You know, it's not quite as boring as it was when I was a teenager.  Huh!  Go figure.

4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult?

You know, I can't think of any.  Which probably means I never kicked them, right?  All I know is I don't turn eleventy-hundred shades of red when I get asked to speak anymore!  Um, yes, eleventy-hundred is so a number!  Don't believe me?  Do we need to poll some of my elementary school classmates?  Huh? Huh? Huh?  Didn't think so!

5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job?
 
Working switchboard at the hospital.  We worked in a plexiglass enclosure, lovingly (or not so lovingly) dubbed the fishbowl.  Outside of the fishbowl was the flower "shop", a cooler, that we switchboard operators took care of as well as manning the kijillion phone calls (you're not going to doubt this one are you?).  I happened to be helping someone to get flowers out of the cooler when the phone rang so I sprinted off to answer the phone only to push against the door instead of pulling and ran right smack into it in front of all the people waiting to be seen in Emerg and, well, everyone in the foyer.
 
At least I did not need to become an E.R. patient that night.  I think that would have topped it off in the embarassment category...

No comments:

Post a Comment