Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nanook

{Inuit for polar bear.}
















We will miss you.



I got an email from my step-mom, one to all my siblings and myself (why an email? Somethings are way easier to type once than to have to hear yourself say over and over).  They had to put Nanook, or Nook as he was lovingly called, down.  Sometime ago Nook injured his lower back; it healed up to the point of him having a good (not great) quality of life - good: without pain, happy but perhaps cautious. While out at the lake, he re-injured himself. He lost control of all of his "functions"; he was in great pain. 

"Dad and I decided we had to put him down. It was the hardest decision to make."

The words in Jude's email even read sad.

"Fred says 'No more dogs'.

The kids and I had our cries. They lived the life of having a dog vicariously through Nook and they loved him as much as he loved them...

Rest well, dear friend. You filled a need in Dad and Jude's life, filled their home with love, were a great companion to my dad and took such good care of him.  Good dog.  Rest well.  We miss you...

1 comment: