Saturday, September 4, 2010

A time to sow and a time to reap

and a time to prepare some things in advance...

"Peanut butter AGAIN!!!!"

If I don't take time to do some prep work for school lunches that is what I will hear. I find that being able to utilize an hour or so one day a week really helps me to not have to rely on the standard P.B & J sandwiches for my kids' lunches.

So, yesterday I did just that.  I currently have 5 bbq turkey buns and 13 cold cut subs in my freezer just ready to be taken out and topped with scruptious veggies.  I also pre-made snack bags of baby carrots, pepper strips, grapes, almonds and mixed nuts. 

Most evenings we don't get home until quite late and if I can do this little step to divert some of the nightly chores (other than minimal assembly) all the better! For myself, I find it way easier to grab a couple buns or bags of soup or burritos (etc) out of my freezer, add a couple veggies, a fruit and a juicebox.  Doing it this way, school lunches take 5 minutes (during the weeknight) to get into lunch kits. 

Yay for time savers!  What's your best time saver?

No comments:

Post a Comment