Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today

found me getting groceries.  I have, so far, made the school sandwiches for the kids and put them in the freezer.  Tomorrow I will be making up some meatballs and about 4 batches of the waikiki sauce to put in the freezer as well.  Yay!

Today also found me at out local thrift shop unloading more crap stuff from my car that was uselessly in my house.  You know, things like the clothes I ended up washing and washing and washing because the kids wouldn't wear them or they were too small; so instead of putting them in the bin with the too small clothes, they would put them in their laundry hampers each time they cleaned their rooms or the rubber boots that haven't fit for a couple of years.

There is more stuff in my basement that can leave.  I can feel it in my bones! {grin} I want to get rid of it. I can say with certainty that I am not a minimalist but I am tired of living with the excess clutter, the stuff that is in my house for no good reason to me or my family.

I bought 2 heavy duty shelving units the other day so we can start getting our boxes organized and neater.  Most of the stuff down there though is my husband's... computer books, papers, cables, cords, things I would have no idea whether they are important or neccessary for us to keep.  {Grrr}

I can tell you that right now we have more of our stuff in a neighbor's basement!  Seriously!  I don't know how much or anything but there are boxes of our stuff in someone else's home and I need to go through it and make it so my stuff is in my home where I know where it is.  Like my geneaology book so I can start getting stuff sent to my cousin from Norway, who found me a few weeks ago.  Is that not the coolest thing ever!?

Let's get this {organizing/purging} party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment