Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Times

They are a changin'...

Yesterday brought, for my family, a lot of change - very quickly and my head is still reeling from it all.

Our current landlord informed us that he is raising our rent by almost $400.  This is the same man who gave us his word that he would NOT raise the rent on this house as long as we lived here.  Um, thanks for that. 

It sounds like we will be moving into those townhouses that we have been helping to renovate and we will be moving in for June 1.  I have lots and lots and LOTS of stuff to go through and get rid of now and there will be an increase in rent but it will be $130 not $400.  I also think that the utility bills will be lower there as they are a newly renovated and "fit" better.

I do NOT want to move my family here...it's the middle of the ghetto! Gangs all around. It is not safe. I am alone with my kids more often than not because of pomp, prestige and self-importance of someone's job and "position" within his "wonderful" church.

I will have to see how things are going but I may be pretty quiet for the next little while.  I will still post (maybe just quick ones or something) but I may not be able to keep up-to-date on your blogs for a month or so. 

Please bear with me my friends and think of me as I do this alone...again...because B.D. will be gone for most of the month with work.  I know I wanted to get out of this house because of memories and all but now that the time has come, I am a bit saddened by it because there are 10 years of really good memories here as well but that's the great thing about good memories, you can take them with you.  {grin} And I really don't want to go to where it has been decided for us to go.


The times are definitely changing...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your landlord did that. It is hard leaving a place where there are so many good memories. I hope everything from here on out goes smoothly for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. change is good, my friend!! everything will work out as it should.

    ugh...but sorting, packing...ugh.

    hang in there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete