Saturday, August 28, 2010

Winds of change are blowin'

Yes, they most certainly are. I am at a crossroads in my life where I have decided to get serious about a few different things: budgeting, food planning, organizing, pre-cooking meals for those days... You know the ones; the ones where it seems like you could have 3 or 4 of you and still not have enough hands or bodies to get all the things done you need to.

I am pleased to announce that, after many ups and downs, poor decisions, hard decisions and all that, we are currently down to having one debt left to our name!  And I would like to share that our debt load is now under $1000!

Tonight, we were asked if we wanted to go out with a few friends.  I would have loved to!  I love being able to do stuff like that.  I think we all do.  However, we decided that we would be better off going home, putting some bread in the toaster and having something to eat that we had all ready bought.

Small steps... Every step forward gets you closer to your destination.  Don't lose heart thinking you aren't getting there as fast as you should be. Forward is forward! Sometimes we need to re-assess ourselves, our habits, our instinctual responses and we sometimes need to come to a conclusion to revamp who or what we have become.

B.D. will be gone with work the entire month of September (not including weekends); that's a lot of days and living for me to be doing on my own.  It takes me back to my single parenthood days.  I had to be very deliberate in all that I did.  I'm getting back to that point right now.

My heart is my family.  My focus has been taken off of where it has been for the past year and put back to where it should be - my family.

The winds of change are blowing and I hear them whisper that good things and good times are coming for me!

2 comments:

  1. amen! great things are ahead!
    so happy for you to be almost debt free! praise God!!!

    have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are on the right track... it helps so much to cook and plan meals ahead of time. And, like you mentioned, it saves A LOT of money.

    congratulations on your debt situation! I am so happy for you. :) I can't wait until I can say that with my student loans! :)

    ReplyDelete