Friday, November 12, 2010

5-Question Friday

1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?


My first c-section, which was at a time when they didn't get you out of bed and moving until the next day.  My muscles had seized up and I was walking around like an ape!  (It just took me 4 times to spell which in the right sequence of letters - gah!).  The nurses kept laughing at me because I would move slightly each time I tried all the while chanting "baby steps...baby steps...)

2. How much sleep do you get at night?

Depends on the night but, most nights I get about 5-6 hours... my body actually wants 8-10.  I usually grunt and groan when the alarm goes off and tell my husband that I am allergic to being vertical...  Yep, he has not "bought" that excuse yet... {sigh}

3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?

I think until I was 7.  I believe I just figured it out through my cousins and friends at school.

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Karate Kid with Jayden Smith... What a cutie!  He is definitely his father and mother's son.


5. What do you wear to bed?

I am boring... seriously, boring!  I wear cotton pj pants and a tank top.  In the winter, when the temperatures really drop and my husband still feels the need to sleep with the window open and the fan on {I! AM! NOT! KIDDING! I have woken up to find snow on my bedroom window and floor! CHAAA!} I have added a hoodie, wool socks and a toque (Oh wait, most of my readers are American and I am not sure if you know what a toque is - um, a knit cap?) to bed.

Check out more of the hilarity of 5-Question Friday at Mama M's! Yes, that IS an order! {grin}

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thank you for visiting my grovelling blog-and yes, I think maybe we ARE twins lost along the miles somehow! And by the way, NICE background on your blog! =P
    Thanks for sharing your 5QF--my father used to sleep with the window cracked and the fan on when I was growing up-my poor mother!
    I read your sidebar paragraph about your daughter-I'm sorry you are going thru hard times, but am glad to know that she is in a safe place.
    Take care, and let's talk again sometime, sis!
    Josanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOQUE! Thank y ou. I was looking for that word a while back. I thought it was slippers. :)

    ReplyDelete