Monday, November 15, 2010

Well, color me stupid!

Altenately titled: A new shade of red.

So there I sat this evening in my car, my two beautiful children sitting in the backseat, at a 4-way stop.  And there I continued to sit as if waiting for some invisible light to turn green... and waited...

...and waited...

....and waited...

for an undetermined length of time. I am thinking about 5-10 minutes.

You know, until someone pulled up behind me and I became painfully aware that I had just sat at a 4-way stop for quite some time.

At least I wasn't sleeping at a red light though... like the time I had worked a double 12-hour shift (a few years ago).  The light turned red; I stopped the car and my blinks got longer and longer until they stopped... {sheepish, guilt-ridden grin} I really don't know how long I stay stopped at the light...  Thankfully, it was very early in the morning so there was no traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment