Monday, March 8, 2010

Chances are...

If you were here with me

We would have just got the two kids tucked into bed.

We would have just listened to Bug reading (for real and not just making words to a story up by looking at the pictures) Cookies! by Robert Munsch.

You would be laughing with me over the fact that Bug decided he needed a hair cut tonight instead of brushing his teeth.

You would have had the same knowing look on your face when I walked into the bathroom to check on him, only to have his say, "Mama, it might look like I cut my hair but I never did.  Nope."

You would have known that we don't take kindly to lying in our house when you heard the discussion we had about it and how, sooner or later your lies catch up to you. 

You would be helping me find a place that is cheap enough to "fix" his hair as best as it can without being a complete waste of money since it may take a bit to fix.

We would have just finished putting the last of the trailmix I "threw together" into snack bags and probably fighting over the last bit in the bowl - especially the chocolates! 

We also would have just finished putting "Goldfish" crackers into snack bags and into the kids' snack boxes.

We would be laughing and telling stories as we wait for B.D.'s clothes to finish drying.  He is out of town AGAIN this week (YUCK!) and I am doing his laundry while he is running between meetings and doing computer work at the church and all his favorite things that don't involve his family.

We'd probably, by now, be trying to figure out how we could squeeze the calories out of cheesecake so we wouldn't feel bad for really, really, REALLY wanting a piece and we wouldn't feel bad about NOT sharing.

What would we be doing if we were at YOUR house?

No comments:

Post a Comment