Saturday, March 13, 2010

Eggsactly

In 2004, Rush had a school project, to care for an egg - a raw egg - as though it were a baby. We found all sorts of things to care for her Eggbaby.
All sorts of things were borrowed from Jellybean's bin of doll accessories - bottles and carriers...


She fed her little Eggbaby.


She carried it in a doll carrier lined with doll blankets, one of Bug's slippers (so it wouldn't roll around and dressed it in one of his baby socks.)


Here's her baby supply stock taken from, as I said earlier, Jellybeans' toys and Bug's diaper bag.


Here's the little eggstra specail bundle with its favorite toy.

It even needed a babysitter one night. Thankfully Pa, my dad, was game enough to care for this eggstraordinary bundle of joy.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen schools that do this. At my old high school now they give kids in health dolls that cry and whatnot if they are too far away from a sensor that the students have to wear on a bracelet. I'd rather the egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK WE HAD TO DO THAT IN HIGHSCHOOL TOO...NOT SURE I PASSED THAT TEST. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!
    And it is a quiet baby so that is great!!!

    ReplyDelete