Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oh no she di'int!

Oh but I did!  I really, really did!  And it wasn't fun!  And it made me cry!  And I had to not go into work and that really stinks. But my friend made me grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken noodle soup, then read me funny joke emails and made me chai tea and I feel much better.

What did I do?  Oh, I thought I told you.  I didn't?  Well...maybe I'll tell ya tomorrow...

Nah!  I'm just teasing. Don't take that tone of attitude with me!  I see you looking at your screen makin' those mad faces.

Let's just say that there is a police car parked in front of my house and I just had a friend call me to make sure I was ok and not in any trouble.

Now I really have you curious.

Ok, don't make lines!  Smooth faces!  Happy faces!

As I went to pick up Jellybean from school one of the boys I watch in the afternoons locked the door knob of our outside door.  No big deal, right?  WRONG!  Our door knob lock is broken and we can only lock our deadbolt or we cannot get into our house.  My husband is gone this week.  He didn't even have cell phone coverage.

What could he have done? Given me advice maybe.  Told me it will all work out. Know how bad my week has been so far (all because of one afternoon) and buy me something fabulous.  Oh yeah, he's in the boonies - nothing fabulous to purchase out there only some fabulous people and I have all ready locked enough people out of my house thankyouverymuch!

I did my best to take care of the situation myself.  I went to a friend's to see if they had a ladder. Nope. I went to my dad's, borrowed his ladder, climb said ladder and attempted to pry the screen off a window with my car key.  I wasn't quite tall enough.  Went to another friend's house to use their phone (you know 'cuz mine was sitting on the table beside my wallet INSIDE my house.  Called work.  Told them I may not make it in as I would probably be waiting for a locksmith plus I was still in my paint clothes from work this morning and had yet to eat supper anything all day.

Several calls to my husband hoping he was back to the hotel where he is staying and has cell coverage.  Nope.  The tears welled up again for the...I don't know how many times I cried, almost cried or bawled this afternoon.  I sorta lost count.

A call to another friend; his voicemail box was full.  I couldn't even leave him a message!

I didn't want to call my dad for help.  My dad hurt his arm a few years ago, has had several surgeries to fix it and is, as of yet, unfixed. He can only do a desk job for 3-4 hours a day and I HAD to call him to come help me.

He broke into my house rescued this damsel in distress by climbing a ladder, shimmying into the window, falling onto the floor (which was probably covered by lego and other non-soft toys to land on) and unlocking my door. I thanked him 100 times, told him that even when we are 35 years old sometimes the only man a girl can count on is her daddy, questioned him several times to see if he was ok and gave him the "hug test" (you know, put some pressure on that arm to see if he grimaces.  He passed).

I went back to my friend's house to get my kids and she made us that wonderful supper of chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese (boy cheese for Bug) sandwiches.  Thankfully, there were no more tears.

I am now safe in my very own house, on my very own couch with my very own laptop.

I just hope that police car is parked in front of my house because of something the neighbors did (and not that it was because they called them to let them know someone  broke into my house).  But it has been bit since I started this post and they are still not knocking on my door so I am pretty sure I am safe.

If they do knock, I am so ratting out my dad though!  If I go down, he's going with me!  {grin}

So?  What did you do today?

2 comments:

  1. Goodness! I thought I was the only one who locked myself out... but at least you weren't locked on the ROOF! (Yeah, long story... it was a TST post when I was brave enough to publicly humiliate myself...)

    I'm so glad your dad was able to help you. I'm sure it meant the world, especially when it seemed like so much else wasn't going right. Daddies are the best!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete