Monday, September 21, 2009

The stress is over...the decorating is done and it was all a hit

I never got any great pictures of the decorations I did - but I did get pictures. The bride and groom and their families LOVED them, and that is all that is important to me. It sounds like the other guests found them to be lovely as well, so, whew, I am back to breathing again.

Breathing is good!

Here are they invitations I made. There is gold embossing on the front, finished off with black ribbon and a bit of distressing along the edge - ok, a lot of distressing.




Ignore the bride and groom in this picture as it isn't a good shot of them at all but it was a good shot of the front of the head table. White lights, organza and gold sash.


A nice shot of the aisle complete with gold carpet for the lovely bride to walk up, lined with rose petals and the gold, lighted archway for them to stand beneath.



Headtable center piece. I wanted so much to incorporate chess into the headtable, as our bride and groom were engaged over a chess game but I didn't know how to do it without it looking out of place. In these two side vases, with the candles in them, I lined the bottom with polished river rocks and put a king chess piece into one and a queen chess in the other. I wasn't sure if they would notice but it was the first thing that caught their eye! (Whew!) In the middle vase I found some beautiful willow type branches with blossoms on them, added some river rocks. I wanted to go for simple but elegant (with a slight asian flair for the bride).



Guest table center pieces. I found some beautiful decorative glass bowls (on sale for $3.00!), filled the bottom with river rocks, added a cute little goldfish and topped it off with a floating candle. I then set it on layered brown and gold napkins and sprinkled rose petals around the base. Guests from each table took the fish and bowl home - closest birthday to the wedding day since it was the groom's birthday we wanted to honor birthdays. I only ended up with three homeless fish who now live with us and are happy in their new home with their new names (Rosie, Jack and Herman) given to them by DD4 and DS3.



Just a shot of one of the tables.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Loved the invitations...do you happen to scrapbook? You are very talented :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    With love and hope,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cheryl! I really appreciate your kind words.

    I do scrapbook, when I have time - which hasn't been a lot lately...

    ReplyDelete